22 December 2007

Sabah Agriculture Park


I did not get to post lately it was because of the very bad internet connection. Anyway, let's get back to the topic.


Before i came home, my mum planned in advance to have a family outing to Sabah Agriculture Park. I was not in the mood to travel a long journey by car since i was only back a few days. However, i just followed as what my mum had planned. A few days before we set off, my most respected grand uncle rang my dad that he is coming over to Sabah.So, they joined us together for the outing. In mind, i was thinking, it would not be bad after all because i have the chance to visit an attraction with people (grand uncle and aunt) that i could actually learn something new either a new English word or from their experiences that they would share. They inspires me!! Second thought, I was a tourism student, why not? And I'm here to share something which is of related to my profession. =)

I woke up at 7am and had breakfast before starting our journey which took about 3hours and 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu city. We were driving to the South of Sabah. We took the crocker range route to Keningau and then to Tenom where Sabah Agriculture is. The road is hilly and lots of merry-go-round. I was dizzy and i just forced myself to sleep. But the elderly (dad, mum, grand uncle and aunt) were so excited and kept on chit chatting for almost the whole journey. Wow!!

The sceneries that we passed by. There were mist.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with various kind of flowers between. It pleasured my eyes when we were driving in to the park. Then, we bought our tickets and took a brochure to guide us. Adult RM 10 , Senior Citizen, Student and Child RM 7. While waiting for the tram to bring us around, we stopped by in a small stall to enjoyed the Tenom coffee which is the famous local brew coffee.

Explaining of what you could see inside the park

My grand uncle and I. Looking young and fit with a cap

Many people visited this place too. I have to admit that I do not have much knowledge about flowers. I didn't even care to read the description it was because I'm so lazy to do so. Haha!! My parents and grand uncle were talking about the characteristics of flowers and i just listened while snapping pictures around. I was not really interested in knowing but just love seeing the colourful flowers. The most flowers that i could see from here is orchid. Well, orchid is Sabah's state flower.


Another section of orchid park; the wild orchid. Before entering this is what you could see. I was told by the guide that, if the authorities discovered any wild orchid in any residency, the owner will be fined RM 20 000.


Alas, I did not see any wild orchid because it was not the blooming season. I did not spend much time around this area as it started to rain a little. I went into another section and saw ARTIFICIAL dinosaur. Why dinosaur in an agriculture park? Well, it was displayed to show the very first plant in the earth during the dinosaur's century.

The footsteps of dinosaur as if it passed by here

Not far away from the dinosaur area, there was this huge leaf, i do not know what it is called. I tried to put my leg on top of it to see whether it could sustain my whole body. Excuse me, I watched too many cartoons which i saw them sitting on this leaf. Of course, it could not sustain me, maybe a baby would do.

I don't know what it was. But seemed interesting, wrapped like sweets

We then proceed to Keningau to have our lunch. I regretted that i didn't take any pictures of our lunch although it was just in a coffee shop. I was too hungry by that time. My dad ordered a half chicken but it looked like a turkey when it was served to our table. really big like a whole chicken!!

relax
Clara Soo

No comments :